Activities of Homeowners Association/Clean Energy Resourse Centers
Within the framework of the USAID Municipal Energy Reform Project in Ukraine (hereinafter – the USAID Project), the Condominium Clean Energy Resource Centers (hereinafter – the CRC) were opened in 13 partner cities since the beginning of 2015. All this time, with financial and methodological assistance of the USAID Project, the Resource Center consultants regularly attended the workshops and conferences, gained new knowledge and shared it with others. Each of them became the leader of socially important initiative on establishment of the condominiums in their cities and regions. Also, the USAID Project has assisted in appearance of four new Resource Centers in Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in the third quarter of 2017 in Bakhmut, Severodonetsk, Mariupol and Dobropillia. In total, in the fourth quarter 299 condominiums were established in all 17 cities from different regions of Ukraine.
From the beginning of 2015 through 31 March 2018, due to cooperation with the USAID Project, the indicated condominiums conducted 6, 619 public events on local level (including educational events – trainings and meetings on condominium establishment), 15,055 initiative groups received consultations on the legal, administrative and technical issues of condominium establishment. Growth of the number of condominiums in the Project partner cities is 4,198 which is about 34.25% of all condominiums established in Ukraine in this period (12,254).
THE RESOURCE CENTERS ARE ESTABLISHED AND FUNCTION:
- within the structure of the relevant local self-government bodies;
- on the basis of non-government organizations; and
- on the basis of homeowners associations associations.
YOU MAY RECEIVE IN THE RESOURCE CENTER:
- Legal consultation – the list and analysis of the laws and by-laws regulating the legal fundamentals for clean energy use and energy saving, as well as implementation of the energy efficiency measures in housing; development and dissemination of sample contracts on equipment procurement and work fulfillment, etc.
- Technical support – the main types and technical characteristics of the energy efficient equipment, materials, technologies, information on potential vendors of the certified equipment and contractors (contact information, catalogues, booklets, etc.)
- Financial consultation – information on the available financial instruments for implementation of the energy efficiency measures, on financial and loan institutions offering the relevant financial products, on the terms of the government and municipal support for financing such measures, etc.
- Business project information – examples of the business projects on implementation of the energy efficiency measures; information on best practices in implementation of the energy efficiency measures (list, contact information, assistance in organization of the exchange visits).
- Information support – the USAID Project and companies- equipment vendors have provided the Centers with the information materials, samples of the energy efficient materials and equipment, thereby the visitors of the Centers may see with their own eyes an energy efficient window, heat insulation materials, may receive the brochures related to their requests, or receive consultation of the specialists.
As a result, the stakeholders (owners of housing, homeowners associations, producers and vendors of the equipment, materials and technologies, contractors, local self-government bodies, banks) have a source of detailed information on the needs and opportunities of each other, establish steady relationships and exchange information with the Resource Center in the relevant city.
Read more about the work of the Resource Center teams locally in the relevant sections below:
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Bakhmut
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Dnipro
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Dobropillia
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Kamianets-Podilskyi
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Kherson
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Khmelnytskyi
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Kramatorsk
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Mariupol
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Lutsk
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Lviv
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Pavlograd
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Rivne
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Severodonetsk
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Sumy
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Ternopil
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Vinnytsia
- HOA/Clean Energy Resource Center in Zaporizhzhia